Race Around Ireland 2020 will not be taking place in 2020 due to Covid- 19 restrictions. The race has in the past started in Trim, County Meath at the end of August.
Cost of Entry in 2019
Registrations are closed
To secure this price the deposit at least must be paid at time of registration, with the balance paid in full by 31st March 2020.
If this deadline is missed Late Registration Fee will apply
Irish Ultra Challenge – Solo Cost EUR 600 – Deposit EUR 150
Race Around Ireland – Solo Cost EUR 900 – Deposit EUR 200
2-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 1,800 – Deposit EUR 300
4-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 2,700 – Deposit EUR 600
8-Person Team Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 3,850 – Deposit EUR 800
The deposit at least must be paid at time of registration.
This price applies if you miss the 31st March 2020 payment deadline or if you register after the 31st March 2020. If you register after the 31st March and pay the deposit, the balance must be paid in full by the 31st May 2020.
Irish Ultra Challenge – Solo Cost EUR 750
Race Around Ireland – Solo Cost EUR 1,125
2-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 2,125
4-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 3,250
8-Person Team Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 4,800
Deposit for each category
Irish Ultra Challenge – Solo Cost EUR 150
Race Around Ireland – Solo Cost EUR 200
2-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 300
4-Person Team – Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 600
8-Person Team Race Around Ireland Cost EUR 800
Refunds for the 2020 Race
If you need to cancel your entry for either the Race Around Ireland or Irish Ultra Challenge, the following non-refundable processing fees will apply if you cancel before the 31st March 2020. Please note that there are no roll-overs.
Irish Ultra Challenge
Race Around Ireland
Solo – €200
2-Person €300 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
4-Person €600 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
8-Person €800 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
The following non-refundable processing fees will apply if you cancel after the 31st March 2020 and before the 1st July 2020.
Irish Ultra Challenge
Race Around Ireland
Solo – €400
2-Person €600 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
4-Person €1,200 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
8-Person €1,600 (applies to Race Around Ireland only)
If you cancel your entry after the 1st July 2020 there may be further charges of up to 50% of your entry fee.
An official entry for the 2020 Race can only be used for the 2020 Race, not for a future Race, there are no rollovers. All official entries are non-transferable.
What does registration include?
Your starter pack includes:
- Official Race Jersey
- GPS Tracker (to be returned at the end of the Race)
- Route Book
- Rule Book
- Detailed online route maps and gps files
- Opportunities along the route to change clothes and shower (for instance at partner Hotels*)
- Magnetic signage and stickers for up to 3 support vehicles, with your personalised racer number. (If you have more than 3 Support Vehicles, you MUST purchase one extra Vehicle Signage Kit for each vehicle)
- “CAUTION BICYCLES AHEAD” sign for the back of support vehicles
- Stickers with your race number for the bicycle helmets (but not the reflective tape for the bikes)
- Finisher’s medal for racers who officially finish
- Medal for crew who officially finish
- Trophies for solo and teams that are placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Check here for some further FAQ’s.
Some Terms and Conditions
In order to participate in the Race you must be at least 18 years old. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that they are fit enough to participate in the Race.
Race Management reserves the right to refuse entry to the Race.
Entry to the race after the 31st May 2020 is at the Race Directors discretion.
If, due to flooding, inclement weather, cold weather, snow, the authorities forcing us to cancel the Race, or any other circumstances beyond our control, the Race does not take place, is cancelled after it has already begun, or is shortened, Race participants have no right to a refund of the registration fee or any other damages, such as costs for travel and lodging.
* Partner Hotels:- Connemara Lake Hotel, Main Street, Oughterard, Co. Galway, and the Sneem Hotel, Sneem, Co.Kerry
Some Further InformationThe Race Around Ireland requires a year-around organisational effort. In addition to the tangible things each registered Racer receives, we also provide these all-important intangibles:
- A meticulously researched route that is safe & challenging
- A headquarters staffed by 5-10 operators/officials, around the clock for 5 days
- Over 25 officials on route, ensuring the integrity of the race
- Contact with national and local authorities to ensure your safety along the route
- Promotional exposure for your sponsors and charities
- Ongoing consultation to support your cycling efforts
The Rule Book and Route Book will have critical information about the race, the route, start logistics, vehicle setup guide, and finish-line logistics and information.
The Registration documents are to help you stay organised with Start paperwork and inspection forms.
The Race Around Ireland website will have an extensive collection of articles and information about preparations and how to do the race: sleep management considerations and strategies, race strategies, vehicle setup, and more.
We know how difficult it can be to simply get to the start-line in an event like this so we are also available to offer support and advice on any questions you may have regarding preparation, planning and logistics.
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org